Pages

Friday 5 April 2013

Lust List #007 - My Summer Picks ft. Avenue 32

It seems like just about everyone is jetting off on their holidays at the moment. My twitter and instagram feeds are plastered with gorgeous beaches and bikini-clad bodies, and I'm here in dreary, cold England. Nice. If, like me, you're feeling a little down that the British Summer Time hasn't really kicked off yet, let my summer picks from Avenue 32 inspire you...




For the ideal summer dress, look no further than the Thakoon Addition Blue Floral dress. The floral print is perfect for summer, along with the stylish skater style. I really love the detailing on this dress. From the blue floral print to the cut-out cross back, it is perfect for beach strolls, and can easily be dressed up with a blazer and wedges for the evening.

I would pair the dress with a giant floppy hat, sunglasses and gladiator sandals - my three summer essentials. I found this perfect Pheasant feather rush hat, which will also look great at festivals due to the feather detailing. These Silver cut out sandals are a must for keeping cool and stylish during the warmer months. I love the metallic detailing, which certainly sets them apart from your standard brown gladiators! Sunglasses are another one of my "musts" - I'd be lost if I lost mine! Avenue 32 have an amazing selection of sunglasses,  some of my favourites being the bespoke frames from Cutler and Gross. I have seen cat eye sunglasses all over the SS13 catwalks, but I wasn't too keen. However, these White mondrian cat eye sunglasses are ever-so-slighly cat-eye, making them extremely easy to pull off. I think I've been converted.

During the summer, I keep my jewellery to a bare minimum - it just gets in the way a little! However, I do like to stack up on friendship bracelets for an efforless, urban look. Spikes and studs are huge at the moment, and are featured on the Silver plated chain bracelet. In addition, the Bex rox friendship bracelet in blue provides the perfect complement to my outfit.


Are you longing for summer? Which trends are you dying to experiment with?


xxx





11 comments:

  1. I love that dress and the bracelets. What a gorgeous bright colour xx

    http://paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress, I don't think I pull off blue but the design is really beautiful. I adore floral! I'm so excited for summer wow ♥
    shanmurray.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, you have a great taste in picking dressees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Courtney, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi i love the dress, its soo pretty. xxx

    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I love it all, especially the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the back of the dress and the statement sunglasses!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  8. great picks thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that dress, great picks! x

    http://www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dress!so perfect for summer :D can't wait for it to heat up a bit xxx

    ReplyDelete