Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

ShopStyle's #festivalchallenge - My Entry!

If you're a regular reader, you'll know how much I love creating outfit sets. When Gwen contacted me about the ShopStyle Festival Shopping Challenge, I knew I had to become involved! The competition is running across ShopStyle UK, France and Germany, where one overall winner will receive a huge £1,000 cash prize to spend on a new wardrobe, and two runners up will each receive £200 to spend on their outfit. Amazing right?! The lovely Natasha is the UK ambassador, and you can check out her blog post for more details on how to become involved here. You can see my entry below...



Total: £199.47
(Could I have been any closer to the £200 budget?!)

I know I'm being a little hopeful for nice weather with my outfit, but a festival to me connotes glaring sunshine, blazing music and short shorts! Fringing is essential for any festival look - I love this H&M multi-toned bralette for its burgandy and orange hues. A pair of short shorts are essential to show off tanned pins and to also stay cool! Topshop is my go-to shop for denim, especially for their Tall section, and they certainly do not disappoint with these ripped hot pants. This gorgeous aztec-style kimono is ideal for stylishly shielding you from the sun whilst watching your favourite bands in awe, also from Topshop. 

I completed my look with my favourite New Look gladiator sandals and sunglasses, and of course a big floppy hat - a must for festival chic. The paint swirl blossom bag from Paul's Boutique is the perfect size and style for festivals - big enough for a couple of essentials but not obtrusive.

I went for a boho-chic style for my festival outfit, and I am really pleased with how it's turned out. I would definitely wear this outfit myself, and could see the kimono becoming my summer staple should I be lucky enough to win! If you decide to enter this amazing competition, you have until tomorrow at midnight to enter, and please leave me the link to your look, I would love to see it!



Do you like my festival outfit?

xxx

6 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, the kimono is gorgeous! :)

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle, it is! So versatile too x

      Delete
  2. This looks like a great challenge! Can anyone do it? I would love to take part in this xx

    blogandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fringed top, it's gorgeous!
    This is a really cute wishlist - good luck in the competition!
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete